I am passionate about collaborating with purpose-driven entrepreneurs to accelerate your vision and together make our world sparkle.
Monica Laurence is a business and brand strategist, serial entrepreneur and conscious explorer with a passion for life. She collaborates with purpose-driven innovators to craft their brand identities, go-to-market strategy and digital presence. She draws on her experience in Hollywood entertainment, Silicon Valley technology startups, and her love of international design, fashion and travel. In addition to her marketing consulting practice, Monica is the creator of Tavola Fiji, her luxe private villa and inspiring venue for her transformational Stillness retreats. Monica is also the founder of Quantum Surfing, a growth mindset creation method that teaches visionary creators to combine neuroscience, applied enlightenment and quantum mechanics to predictably create lucky outcomes and accelerate venture impact.
The magic of innovation
Tech startups transform our world, upending the status quo, driving new business models, and creating new realities. With a degree in computer science, I am consistently and geekily fascinated by emerging technologies, scientific advancements and new applications.
- CEO, CMO or Advisor for early stage startups. 7 ventures with exits. Clients in artificial intelligence, virtual reality, social mobile applications, online and mobile games, small business platforms.
- Co-founder of early mobile applications - Riley Games (mobile social lifestyle games to connect friends and encourage fitness and mental well-being), ScuttleBuzz (mobile pre-cursor to WhatsApp)
The magic of imagination
Stories connect us to our humanity. And mythologies summon our inner hero. Imagination is a superpower. Before we ever create, we first imagine. I've founded and held leadership roles in entertainment and media ventures that inspire us to rise to our full potential.
- Lucasfilm at Skywalker Ranch - Corporate Strategy and Business Development. Star Wars.
- Turtle Talks - Founder and Host. Conversations to imagine a better world.
- Tiny Planets - CEO. Award-winning UK children's TV series and online games.
- Wisdom of Stillness - Host, Actionable wisdom to elevate the spirit.
The magic of place
Places inspire us and connect us to one another, creating community and spaces in which people are invigorated and new ideas hatch. I've created brands and distinctive guest experiences that spark emotional connections and enduring relationships. I was so taken with Fiji, I bought 8 acres of luscious jungle overlooking Savusavu Bay and crafted it as a luxury oasis for impact-driven entrepreneurs and leaders.
The magic of leadership
Global organizations train our leaders and can effect impact at scale. Before launching my own business, I held a number of leadership roles in highly regarded companies. I learned much and was routinely recognized as a creator of high-powered teams, fostering customer-driven innovation and mentoring future leaders.
- Accenture - Consultant, Financial Services in New York City and Paris.
- Intuit - Director, Intuit Developer Network.
- Disney - Buena Vista Pictures Marketing.
The magic of learning
I am incessantly curious. In my office you will find a stack of books, all bookmarked where I last left off. In my car you will hear me listening to audio books, or singing along to music at the top of my lungs. And on the beach, you will find me swinging in a hammock and reading an intriguing e-book, perhaps quantum physics to stretch the brain. When I'm in a new town, I hit up all the art and cultural exhibits. I adore great film festivals. And I love street fashion, interior design and artistic influences. I also value experiential learning, becoming a certified yoga instructor (Yoga Alliance RYT 200 Hour), Akashic Intuitive, and a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver. In addition to my life-long learning, I picked up a couple of degrees, too.
- MBA Strategy and Entertainment, UCLA
- BS Computer Science, Bucknell University