Honestly? Life is an epic experience, and an incredible gift. We are the artists of our lives. For me, every new role is another opportunity to experience and master a bit of magic.
Monica Laurence is the creator of Quantum Surfing, a method that teaches purpose-driven entrepreneurs to combine neuroscience, early stage incubation, and applied enlightenment for venture impact. After decades as a leader in global enterprises, Hollywood entertainment and Silicon Valley technology startups, Monica now resides in the Fiji Islands. She specializes in business coaching for startups, trains visionaries on the quantum edge and she hosts guests at Tavola, her luxe private villa and venue for retreats. You can join Monica’s community of inspired and trendsetting innovators by enrolling in her online Quantum Surfing classes or attending one of her Stillness retreats in Fiji. Read what entrepreneurs and industry leaders say about Monica.
The magic of place
Places inspire us and connect us to one another, creating community and spaces in which people are invigorated and new ideas hatch. I've created brands and distinctive guest experiences that spark emotional connections and enduring relationships. I was so taken with Fiji, I bought 8 acres of luscious jungle overlooking Savusavu Bay and crafted it as a luxury oasis for impact-driven entrepreneurs and leaders.
The magic of imagination
Stories connect us to our humanity. And mythologies summon our inner hero. Imagination is a superpower. Before we ever create, we first imagine. I've founded and held leadership roles in entertainment and media ventures that inspire us to rise to our full potential.
- Wisdom of Stillness - Host, Actionable wisdom to elevate the spirit.
- Lucasfilm at Skywalker Ranch - Corporate Strategy and Business Development. Star Wars.
- Turtle Talks - Founder and Host. Conversations to imagine a better world.
- Tiny Planets - CEO. Award-winning UK children's TV series and online games.
The magic of innovation
Tech startups transform our world, upending the status quo, driving new business models, and creating new realities. With a degree in computer science, I am consistently and geekily fascinated by emerging technologies, scientific advancements and new applications.
- CEO, CMO or Advisor for early stage startups. 7 ventures with exits. Clients in artificial intelligence, virtual reality, social mobile applications, online and mobile games, small business platforms.
- Co-founder of early mobile applications - Riley Games (mobile social lifestyle games to connect friends and encourage fitness and mental well-being), ScuttleBuzz (mobile pre-cursor to WhatsApp)
The magic of leadership
Global organizations train our leaders and can effect impact at scale. Before launching my own business, I held a number of leadership roles in highly regarded companies. I learned much and was routinely recognized as a creator of high-powered teams, fostering customer-driven innovation and mentoring future leaders. I continue to shape leadership through business coaching for startups.
- Accenture - Consultant, Financial Services in New York City and Paris.
- Intuit - Director, Intuit Developer Network.
- Disney - Buena Vista Pictures Marketing.
The magic of learning
I am incessantly curious. In my office you will find a stack of books, all bookmarked where I last left off. In my car you will hear me listening to audio books, or singing along to music at the top of my lungs. And on the beach, you will find me swinging in a hammock and reading an intriguing e-book, perhaps quantum physics to stretch the brain. When I'm in a new town, I hit up all the art and cultural exhibits. I adore great film festivals. And I love street fashion, interior design and artistic influences. I also value experiential learning, recently becoming a certified yoga instructor (Yoga Alliance RYT 200 Hour), certified Akashic Records master reader, and previously earning my PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification. In addition to my life-long learning, I picked up a couple of degrees, too.
- MBA Strategy and Entertainment, UCLA
- BS Computer Science, Bucknell University